{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Flow - " Women in Glass 2011"

Women in Glass Issue

Now that my feet are finally touching the ground  and the issue has hit the newsstand, I guess I can spill my good news!  I made it into the "Women in Glass" issue of  The Flow magazine! Wooo Hooo! It's really cool to be in this issue with so many talented women.  Better yet... 5 of the Fire Divas made it in, 2 of my bestest buddies, and several of my buddies from the SE Michigan Glass Beadmakers guild.   And it was a juried venture.  You had to pass a panel to get in!  Double Yeaaaah!  You go ladies!!  I can't show pictures of their work  in the magazine here...you'll have to get the magazine for that, but here are samples of their work!

The beads above are by Judith Billig of Icarus Beads. She does a really fabulous job with her beads. I'm always amazed what she can do with Silver glass. Judith is one of the Fire Divas...


This fabulous floral was made by Holly Dare Hughs of Hollys Folly Glass is also a Fire Diva.  Not only does she do great florals but you have to checkout her food beads!  They're pretty scrumptious, hope I don't gain any weight...

 Don't you just love the colors in these!  They're made by Janel Dudley of Janel Dudley Beads.  I love how she mixes her colors and her encasement glass has no bubbles!  Janel is a Fire Diva too....


This unbelievable focal was done by Lori Bergmann of Ashlyn Designs. I couldn't believe how much Lori has done as it relates to art...You have to check out her profile on her Etsy site to see.  Talk about a wealth of experience!  Lori is a Fire Diva and was my buddy during the Etsy boot camp...

And of course there is me!  You can see more of my beads here.  One of my resolutions was to make more beads and keep them listed.  Major challenge for me.  But I'm working on it!  But wait there's more!  Keep reading....
The next 2 artists are buddies that I travel to different bead shows with.  For the first time we are going to Tucson.  Real scary, but pretty exciting too! Both Joy and I are teaching ...but that's for another post ...right now  I want to show some of their work...
Joy spends most of her time making these really realistic animal heads...I'd love to show one, but have to get the magazine to see what...The extra bonus....she has a tutorial in The Flow showing how to make one of her animal heads.  Really clear instruction....I've never tried to make one, but I know she's a fabulous teacher...maybe one day???? Her business site is Works of Joy..

 My other traveling buddy is Denise of Fire Dance Lampwork.   Denise is a whiz at electroforming and vessles.  Be sure to check out her work!

Congratulations to all the women who made it into the years Women in Glass!

Next time I'll update you on classes Joy and I are teaching at the Best Bead Show in Tucson!







2 comments:

Sterling Silver Price Market

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews